Re: Using portions of screen shots

Subject: Re: Using portions of screen shots
From: Abbie Weisenbloom <AbbieW -at- WEBTRENDS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 12:14:58 -0800

Title: RE: Using portions of screen shots

>Some manuals use a dashed line around the edge of a
>graphic to indicate its border, and that it is only part what's actually
>being displayed.

Darren,
I have been researching the same issue. Actually, I really like what Adobe does in the FrameMaker User's Guide; they use a nifty ripped edge effect. I'm still not sure where to get the tool or plug-in that does that, but I assume it must have been done in Photoshop.

If anyone else knows how they did that, please let us know!

Cheers,
Abbie
Abbie Weisenbloom
Technical Writer