Contiguous Monitors

Subject: Contiguous Monitors
From: David Goldfayl <davidgoldfayl -at- PMSC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:31:28 -0500

Dear Techwr-lers

I'd really need to set-up contiguous screens on a Win '95-Pentium II box so that
I can get some reasonable desktop real estate going. Having multiple apps open
and used concurrently is miserable on a single 17" screen. I never want to work
with very large monitors again, so that is not an option.

I've had the contiguous screen arrangement previously in a Mac environment and I
was told at the time that it was a relatively easy plug-&-play implementation. I
am currently in a Win '95 environment and have been told that it's not possible
- I read this to mean that it's not as easy to do. I've heard of Windows-based
non-linear editing systems set up with contiguous screens so it seems that it
may, in fact, be possible. But, perhaps it's expensive or difficult to do.

Has anyone else experienced implementing such a set-up? How difficult and
expensive was this to do?

Thanks in advance
David

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=