Exclamations in online error messages etc.: summary

Subject: Exclamations in online error messages etc.: summary
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:35:12 -0700

Earlier, I reported that I was removing exclamation points (!) from
the error messages and other interface text while I was editing the
text resource file for the English version of an application. I asked
whether the same rule applies in French, and the consensus was that
overuse of exclamations is not good style in French interfaces
either.

Thanks to all who responded.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Patience comes to those who wait."--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=