Re: HTML & Browsers - Revised

Subject: Re: HTML & Browsers - Revised
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:31:55 -0700

John writes:

> Don't worry about what browser your audience is using. They all read
> HTML. You do need to be aware that the newer browsers have neat
> features like CSS and DHTML that older browsers can't understand so
> avoid trying to get too fancy. I don't think RoboHTML gets that fancy
> anyway.

This isn't necessarily the right advice, depending on the choice of help
media you choose. If you choose to use MS HTMLHelp, then browser choice is
still very important since compiled MS HTMLHelp requires IE 4 or higher.
RoboHelp HTML Edition does allow you to use CSS and DHTML.

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
ILE Communications Group
billdb -at- ile -dot- com
Call me fishmeal.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=