Re: help with converting win95 help file to 3.1

Subject: Re: help with converting win95 help file to 3.1
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:15:37 -0700

> In our previous episode, mark26 said:
>
> > I have a simple helpfile with popups that was constructed using the
> win95
> > helpkit. I have robohelp, and tried to convert it to 3.1 by opening it
> and
> > saving
> > it as 3.1 compatible, but it did not work. I also noticed that after I
> had
> > opened
> > this 95 helpfile in RH, RH would open whenever I just wanted to look at
> the
> > .DOC file in Word.
> >
> > Has anyone else had this fairly 'basic' problem with opening a 95
> helpfile
> > and
> > resaving it as 3.1 compatible?
>
> I've never gone "backwards", so I haven't had the compatibility
> problem. But if you don't want RoboHelp to open when you want to look
> at the .DOC file, change the template from ROBOHELP.DOT or ROBORTF.DOT
> to NORMAL.DOT or some other template.

I don't use RoboHelp for much, but I believe you can create a new project,
then import the RTF file from the W' 95 project. It's the project file and
the compiler that determine whether you have a 16-bit or 32-bit WinHelp
file. However, keep in mind that some features will not work in 16-bit.

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
ILE Communications Group
billdb -at- ile -dot- com
Call me fishmeal.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=