Winnipeg: Technical Communication Institute

Subject: Winnipeg: Technical Communication Institute
From: "J. Fraser" <tekwrite -at- ISTAR -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:53:45 -0400

I received a brochure in the mail yesterday about the TCI
which is affiliated with the University of Manitoba. I'm
wondering if anyone has been involved/taken with these courses
and what you think of them.

1999 courses include:
Visualizing Technical Information (2 days)
DHTML and Javascript (2 days)
Writing with Translation in mind (2 days)

Writing the way users act (1 day)
Indexing (1 day)*
Technical Editing: Triage approach (1 day)
How to write Proposals that win (1 day)

* I did take Lori Lathrop's indexing course a few years ago
and found it useful. If the other courses are as good... well,
some comments from anyone who has taken courses at TCI would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

J. L. Fraser, B.Sc.
Information Developer

When I see a paragraph shrinking under my eyes
like a strip of bacon in a skillet,
I know I'm on the right track.
- Peter DeVries

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=