Re: Top XX books for tech writers?

Subject: Re: Top XX books for tech writers?
From: Lynda Straus <Lynda_Straus -at- THEMONEYSTORE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:55:43 -0800

My top ten books (can't cut it down to five) would be:

Managing Your Documentation Projects, JoAnn T. Hackos
Dynamics in Document Design, Karen A. Shriver
About Face: The Essentials of User Interface Design, Alan Cooper
Human Factors for Technical Communications, Marlana Coe
Designing and Writing Online Documentation, William Horton
Standards for Online Communication, JoAnn T. Hackos, Dawn M. Stevens
Designing Windows 95 Help, Mary Deaton and Cheryl Lockett Zubak
Developing Online Help for Windows, Scott Boggan, David Farkas, & Joe
Welinske
International Technical Communication, Nancy Hoft
One Minute Designer, Roger C. Parker

There are many many more which every writer should have at hand, but
these are my favs.

Lynda Straus
The Money Store
Sacramento, CA