Grammar resource on the 'net?

Subject: Grammar resource on the 'net?
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:32:29 -0700

Tracey Moore wondered <<Anyone know of a grammar list serv? Maybe we
should start one!>>

No need to reinvent the wheel; there are several of them. If you're a
usenet type of person, try alt.english.usage (something like that...
I've never been there because I'm convinced I'd be a lost soul if I
ever got sucked into usenet). My personal favorite is copyediting-l,
run by Bill Blinn and Jane Lyle. To subscribe, send the
message:
subscribe copyediting-l
to the following address:
listserv -at- indiana -dot- edu
(You may have to add your first name and last name to the
end of the subscribe message; it's been 5 years since I subscribed,
and I don't recall anymore!)

CEL is a very friendly place, with experienced and opinionated
editors from all fields (humanities, sciences, business, technical
communication, literary, etc.). It's a busy list, particularly when
the occasional pun wars get rolling, but I've yet to see a question
go unanswered. Give it a try!
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Patience comes to those who wait."--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=