Translation of "thank you"?

Subject: Translation of "thank you"?
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:10:23 -0700

Melonie Holliman was looking for a way <<...to get "Thank you"
translated into as many languages as possible. Does anyone know of a
website or websites which have translation capabilities?>>

Try <www.altavista.com>, where you'll find a free and reasonably
accurate translation utility. But you might want to run your
translations past experts to make sure they're the correct wording;
there are nuances beyond simply picking the right word out of the
dictionary. I'm not a member of the translation mailing list, but a
few colleagues claim to like it and it might be useful to you; it's
something like "lantra-l", but beyond that, I have no idea where to
go to subscribe. A web search should turn it up for you.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Patience comes to those who wait."--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=