Seminars: LOCALIZATION PROJECT MANAGEMENT

Subject: Seminars: LOCALIZATION PROJECT MANAGEMENT
From: Ulrich Henes <ulrich -at- HENES -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:20:27 -0600

I'd like to draw your attention to two more localization
seminars that we are offering in Boston:

LOCALIZATION PROJECT MANAGEMENT, 9 February 1999

TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES FOR LOCALIZATION AND
INTERNATIONALIZATION, 12 February 1999

Details at http://www.localization-institute.org

LOCALIZATION PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Four Point Conference Center, Norwood, MA (near Boston)

Seminar leader: Karen Combe
$ 795, group discounts available

The ability of project managers on both the vendor and the
publisher side to manage projects well is of crucial
importance for the quality, the cost, and the timely delivery
of localization projects. Many localization project managers,
however never had any formal project management training.

This seminar will give new and experienced managers a solid
grounding in project management theory and practice. Taught
by an experienced localization project manager, it will use
examples from the localization field and show the benefits
of replacing a highly individualized process with one that is
standard, repeatable, predictable and consistent.

TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES FOR LOCALIZATION AND
INTERNATIONALIZATION
Four Point Conference Center, Norwood, MA (near Boston)

Seminar leader: Chris Langewis
$ 795, group discounts available

In an effort to contain localization costs and speed up time-to-market
localization tools have gained increased importance. As a
result a growing number of Translation Memory Programs,
Machine Translation systems, and other Localization and
internationalization tools are being offered. Each system and
product has its own distinct advantages, disadvantages, and
applications. This seminar will analyze the strength and
weaknesses of the various systems and products, enabling
attendees to understand which tools would best meet their needs.

Other seminars offered during the same week include:

WRITING AND DESIGNING FOR LOCALIZATION, 9 February 1999

AN INTRODUCTION TO LOCALIZATION, 10-11 February 1999

SOFTWARE INTERNATIONALIZATION, 10-11 February 1999

LOCALIZATION COST MANAGEMENT, 11 February 1999

All seminars will be repeated on 13-16 April 1999 in Seattle, WA

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call or write me.

Ulrich Henes

PS: We do not want to send you unwanted email. If you want to stop
receiving email from us, send us a message with "Remove" in the
subject line, and we will promptly remove your name. Thanks!

Registrations:

The Localization Institute
4513 Vernon Blvd.
Madison, WI 53705

(608) 233-1790 Phone
(608) 233-3511 Fax

ulrich -at- localization-institute -dot- org
http://www.localization-institute.org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=