Re: Help Re. Writing Samples for Potential TW Employers?

Subject: Re: Help Re. Writing Samples for Potential TW Employers?
From: DJ Scott <djscott -at- VERINET -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:22:09 -0700

<DLCrossman -at- AOL -dot- COM>
> I have experience in Technical/Scientific Writing, but obtained that
> experience as part of other positions. I am now seeking a full-time position
> as a TW, however, I never thought to save any writing/documentation samples,
> and my past employers won't be eager to pass these on to me now. Does anyone
> have suggestions, other than White Papers, about how I could quickly produce
> some adequate writing samples?

This leads me to an ethics question: My experience - and
my current quest - is the same as Debbie describes.
However, I DID keep samples of past writing/documentation.
Recently, the company where I've done a great deal of
contract admin support has issued memorandums detailing
very stringent (new) confidentiality guidelines; essentially
making _all_ internal documentation confidential.

The documentation I've created is strictly position training
documentation; I posess nothing that would jeopardize
product development or trade secrets. I'm leery, though, of
continuing to use the samples in my portfolio.

Should I ask for a release to exhibit these documents? To
whom would I address such a request? Would it be easier to
just attempt to modify the documents to a generic level?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=