Re: eps: mac illustrator to pc word 6 no luck

Subject: Re: eps: mac illustrator to pc word 6 no luck
From: Michael Blair <mjblair -at- TOTAL -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:04:46 -0500

On Friday, January 22, 1999 4:43:05 PM, Donna Horowitz wrote:

> We are unsuccessfully trying to import an Illustrator .eps file (Mac) into
> a Word file (PC).
>
> When I asked a couple free lance buddies, they said they've had the same
> problem and resorted to other solutions--saving on a PC as a .wmf, for
> example.
>
> We don't usually have to cross platforms this way, and I've not run across
> this problem before. I'd thought that cross-platform issues were a thing of
> the past, but, hark, they lurk still.

One of my clients regularly tries, and fails, to import EPS files into
Word for Windows. They usually resort to saving the files as TIFF before
transferring to the PC. I read somewhere that for most mid-range laser
printers (600 DPI) that TIFF is recommended.

--
Michael Blair
Blair Technical Communications Tel: (514) 989-8713

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=