Re: controlling HTML page no. sequence

Subject: Re: controlling HTML page no. sequence
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:07:27 -0500

Wow:

>>>We have an HTML-based training document that cannot be used by
>>>customer service reps without computers.
>>>(I know, where was the audience needs analysis.)

>>>Soo...we are providing print-outs and putting them together
>>>as a book.
>>>
>>>Instead of those HTML-based page number (1 of 3) etc., we'd like
>>>to approximate real page numbers so that users can flip through the
>>>document.

>>>(And no, I can't re-do as a PDF, etc. We need to work with
>>>what we have.)
>>>
>>>I appreciate any information.
>>>Thanks.

What a mess up.

In your shoes (provided I liked the job, got paid well, and got to poke
fun at the decision-maker in charge ;?)) I would make a copy of the
site. In the copy, I would change page sizes to 8x10 inches. I would
then reformat the site such that the WYSIWYG HTML layout for each page
was in a separate HTML file, you might want to name them page1.htm, etc.

Otherwise, open the mess in a word processor, strip out the HTML code,
and reformat.

Happy trails;?))

Sean

P.S. I'd have made it PDF ;?0.