Re: Interviewing

Subject: Re: Interviewing
From: Martha J Davidson <editrix -at- SLIP -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:13:39 -0800

At 10:28 AM 1/13/99 -0700, Eric wrote:

>Before you respond, please review the Topics
>page in the TECHWR-L site. Specifically, check out
>http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/questions.html
>which covers this precise question. Then, if you have
>something new to add, please go ahead and post it.

I didn't see this there... I always ask everyone I meet:

"How long have you been here?"

"What, exactly, do you do here?"

This gives me more of a context to understand the questions they are asking
me, and a sense of how much perspective they have on the history of the
company and what work conditions have been like over time.

martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
mailto:editrix -at- slip -dot- net

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
If I am only for myself, what am I?
If not now, when?"
--Hillel, "Mishna, Sayings of the Fathers 1:13"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=