Re: preparing Word files for docutech

Subject: Re: preparing Word files for docutech
From: Derk Ederveen <ederveen -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:25:22 PST

>Do any of you produce hard copy manuals using the Xerox docutech?

I have some experience, both with Word 6 and Word 7. I used to use the
driver Apple LaserWriter IINTX to make a PRN file both for a HP with
PostScript cartridge (for proofing) and for the DocuTech itself.

Now I'm using the Xerox DocuPrint 6135, mainly because I seem to have
less problems with graphics. With both drivers, the output from the HP
and the DocuTech are exactly equal.

There's one catch: there is some bug in the driver and/or the Microsoft
Word software: if you use odd page section breaks in Word, the generated
empty pages are shown on screen but are not printed. I use a Word macro
to correct that.

Derk Ederveen
AccountView Documentation

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=