Logon question

Subject: Logon question
From: Diamanti <diamanti -at- WHIDBEY -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:21:56 -0800

We're embroiled in an office brouhaha over the terms "logon" and "log on."
According to the Wired Style Guide "logon" is a noun and "log on" is the
verb form with a necessary preposition for completing the action. What I
want to know is how you all state any instructions telling the user to, and
this is how I put it, "Log onto the system." A colleague insists it's,
"Log on the system." We've already dismissed the tester who demands that
we write, "Logon the system." Ideas?

Kellen Diamanti

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=