Re: UIE site (was FAQ Intranet site tips on visuals)

Subject: Re: UIE site (was FAQ Intranet site tips on visuals)
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 09:16:34 -0600

And howcome their HTML headers include
and *no* <META name="keywords"

Becasue the page was built with FrontPage, for the first part, and for the
second, perhaps they weren't interested in search robots? There's no other
purpose for that particular tag.

And why is the whole page enclosed in a huge table (meaning
you're staring at a blank page 'til the whole table's been
downloaded and parsed)?

Using tables is the only means of layout control which is viewable by the
widest selection of browsers currently in use. It's also the most common
method employed by WYSIWYG (What You So Intensely Wish You'd Gotten) HTML
(Horrific Text Manglement Language) editors

Then again, if I'm so smart, why aren't I rich?

Intelligence and net worth are independent variables.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=