Re: new title: Information Developer

Subject: Re: new title: Information Developer
From: "Marybeth S." <marybeth -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 08:28:06 PST

>If I saw a resume without job titles, I would wonder if the applicant
>was trying to hide something. I'm just used to seeing them. Even on a
>skill-based resume, the resumes I've seen also include a chronological
>list of employers and job titles. Is this something that varies by
>region or industry?

I saw a resume once where the applicant did not put his titles on his
resume. I had to dig through the long paragraphs of explanation to find
out what he did. I gave up on page 3 and tossed his 5 page resume in the
trash.

The Objective of a resume should express what kind of position the
applicant desires. I consider it to be part of my job to sift through
the information provided to determine if this person is qualified.

By not telling me the title of an applicant's position, I may have to
read through some old positions that do not apply but serve as a job
history.

Marybeth Simon

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=