Re: preparing Word files for docutech production

Subject: Re: preparing Word files for docutech production
From: Geri Lou Ciotoli <GCIOTOLI -at- ECS-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:36:33 -0500

Lynda,
I send .prn files to a Printer who uses Docutech. It is the best way to go.
When I send the Word doc, the fonts change!

As far as "printing" draft copies using their driver and your printer, I
believe it is impossible.. Here is what I do..

I use the postscript driver they told me to use which is the HP Laserwriter
II NTX.. this must vary from printer to printer. Now in order to see
EXACTLY what you will get from the docutech, preview your document with the
driver enabled in Print Preview format. This gives you the page layout
exactly. I make sure my pages are all correctly laid out. Then, I print it
to my HP Laserjet 4V for proofreading. I do not change any pagination based
on this printout! Then before going to final print I preview it again in
Print Preview with the appropriate Doctech printdriver and print to .prn
files.

My printer, Indexx, Inc. in Greenville SC, gave me a software called LAUNCH
which enables me to electronically send them the .prn files very quickly.
By the way, I work remotely in Florida.

Hope this helps. I'm on Digest so email me directly if you have questions.
Geri Lou Ciotoli
Dataline8000 Technical Communicator
Enterprise Computer Systems, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=