Re: preparing Word files for docutech production

Subject: Re: preparing Word files for docutech production
From: "Renze, Janet L" <Janet -dot- Renze -at- PSS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 09:54:42 -0800

Whew--lots of list traffic over the holidays!!

I just finished a docutech project of my own for a xmas present (a cookbook--hurray!)
and after much searching for printers that were acceptable, went the docutech route.
I also tried PDF/PRN, but ended up sending a Word '97 file (along with all the
necessary fonts). The copy shop was able to open my fine just fine (sent it as an
email attachment). The word file was 333K, pdf was 11Meg--ouch! the output was
fabulous from the word file and they did everything i wanted just perfectly.

on that note, i used Copyworks in Iowa City, IA (www.copyworks.com). They didn't
pay me to say this, but they were FABULOUS to work with!!!! Jill was the account
rep that I worked with and she really saw me thru to the end--faxing info back and forth
(i was still in Washington state while everything was being printed), overniteing a
proof copy, dealing with paper colors and weights, binding and laminating--everything
was just as i hoped and dreamed!! the timeline was exactly what i needed and
no "babysitting" was required--a magnificent bonus for any printing project!

So i guess the old adage still works--make friends with your printer. If they really
want pdf, fine, but it helped me tremendously to use the same method for both sides
(Word file), esp. with the long-distance factor.

Happy new year, all!!
Janet

Janet L. Renze
(425) 237-4622 M/S 6H-WL
janet -dot- l -dot- renze -at- boeing -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=