Re: Genesis of Tina the Tech Writer

Subject: Re: Genesis of Tina the Tech Writer
From: "Renee L. LaPlume" <rlaplume -at- RORKE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:03:05 -0600

I have that Dilbert cartoon on my bulletin board, and I
think it's a riot -- one of my favorites, in fact. I
also have this little saying:

(I especially like Dilbert's threat to "look up those words.")
Tina represents some of the best and worst in ourselves; she's
great.

>Female Tech Writer: Did you review my draft documentation yet?
>Dilbert: Um...I'll get to it soon.
>Female Tech Writer: That's what you've been saying since July!
>Female Tech Writer: I know. I'm only a lowly technical writer
> and you're a big important engineer.
>Female Tech Writer: But is it too much to ask for you to glance
> at the fruits of my labors?!?!?!
>Female Tech Writer: Five lousy minutes is all it would take to validate
> my value on this planet! Read it, you fetid pile of compost!
>Dilbert: Okay, okay! I'll read it right now.
>Dilbert: These pages are blank! You've been bluffing for months!
>Female Tech Writer: I think I'll go have a yummy compost
> salad with delicious fetid cheese.
>Dilbert: I'm going to go look up those words.

Renee L. LaPlume
Rorke Data, Inc. - Software Services Division

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=