Salary questions for assistants?

Subject: Salary questions for assistants?
From: Reynolds Paula MTIA <Paula -dot- Reynolds -at- MT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:55:47 -0500

Hi folks,

Please respond to me directly, off-list, and I'll post a summary.

I work in a manufacturing firm that provides custom solutions within the
packaging industry. Our manuals consist of machine and control text, plus
various schematics, record sheets, and other information tailored
specifically to the system. I have a "Manuals Coordinator" who puts
together the manuals, does the data entry, and most importantly, double
checks all the paperwork from the various sources. It's a big quality check
job, and this person does a great service for our company.

My question is for folks in similar situations. What are you paying your
"Manuals Coordinator" person? I believe my person is underpaid, but I need
to come up with some figures in the industry to support me on this, so I can
go fight for more $$. (I know I'm not posting the current salary; I'd like
some anonymity for all involved.)

Thanks in advance for your help. Again, please respond off-line to me, and
I will post a summary.

Paula Reynolds
paula -dot- reynolds -at- mt -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=