Re: Value of technical writers - Sorry, boss is (mostly) right

Subject: Re: Value of technical writers - Sorry, boss is (mostly) right
From: Michal Sirton <michal-l -at- ORBOTECH -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:28:46 +0200

Andrew Plato wrote:

>In comparison, software design and development has dramatically
>changed in the past 10 years. Entire new languages have risen and
>fallen in the past 10 years. Moreover, the technologies are radically
>different.

New languages, new DTP programs... what's the difference? They're all
just tools.

But there's a lot more happening out there in the world of technical
communication than just new tools. No matter how hard I try, I don't come
close to keeping up with it all.

Michal Sirton
Technical Publications Department
Orbotech Ltd., POB 215, Yavne 81102, Israel
08-942 3731 (fax: 08-943 6848)
http://www.orbotech.com
mailto: michal-L -at- orbotech -dot- co -dot- il
personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/7271/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=