Re: Review Process

Subject: Re: Review Process
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 16:47:27 -0800

Actually, this is just what I'm doing right now. Since the company's
products are constantly evolving with very short turnaround times, the
documentation process never ends. I've created a template and am in the
process of writing an online document for using the template to create
new or adapt existing documentation.
In each new document, I have a miscellaneous info section (right up at
the top) for new material. New info is not moved to its home section
until it has been through at least the informal review process.
Because this is online documentation, I load it onto the server as I
complete a substantive amount of work, then email everyone concerned to
let them know it's there for review. I give a drop dead date for
comments and suggestions to keep things moving.
As you can imagine, not everyone looks at the stuff, but the ones who
do are the detail-oriented types who are most likely to find any booboos
or inconsistencies ;+).
Obviously this is not fool proof, but once a document is complete and
has gone through this informal review process, it goes to our QA people
right along with code for testing or bug fixes. This seems to work well
for us, and it's a very simple way of doing things.

Good luck,

BJ

Marsha Kamish wrote:

> I have been tasked with developing a review process for in-house software
> documentation. Has anyone any experience with such a process?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=