Re: Action -> Result (French Translation)

Subject: Re: Action -> Result (French Translation)
From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- CLAMART -dot- SRPC -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:24:53 +0100

> My group is interesting in knowing how other languages
> handle the construction Don wrote up;

It's exactly the same in French: "Pour faire detoner la bombe,
appuyez sur le bouton rouge." (To detonate the bomb, press the
red button.)

> It is the American way to address one another
> casually as you. Is this a problem in translations?

English has one word (you) corresponding to two French words:
the formal (vous) and the informal (tu). Insofar as pronouns
are used in written instructions, the formal "vous" is
virtually always used.

John Cornellier
cornelli -at- clamart -dot- srpc -dot- slb -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=