TransAlpine Chapter of STC

Subject: TransAlpine Chapter of STC
From: Carol Chubiz <carol -at- HERMES -dot- SI>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:46:28 +0100

TransAlpine Chapter of STC Starts Up in Slovenia

The TransAlpine Chapter is presently in the process of becoming an official
chapter. We were born on Friday, October 30, at the conference, "Where East
Meets West: Technical Communication and Usability," at HERMES SoftLab in
Ljubljana, Slovenia. Saul Carliner, past STC president in 1996 and associate
fellow, Ginny Redish, fellow, and Paula Berger, associate fellow, were there
to cheer us on and give us suggestions on how to operate. Ken Rainey,
president of the Atlanta Chapter and fellow, and Chip Jones, Atlanta's
liaison to our new chapter, were also there to support us. Other attendees
included a roomful of very eager people from Slovenia, Austria, Italy, and
Germany.

In the process of becoming a chapter, ad hoc officers will hold monthly
teleconferences. In April, Giovanna Choizzi will host a 1-day meeting and
conference at her company, Sodalia, in Trento, Italy. We invite everyone
interested in the new chapter to attend. At that time we will elect officers
for the coming year. Please inform others you know and encourage them to
come.

If you are interested in becoming a member of this new chapter, please send
your name, address, phone number, and email address to our membership
chairperson, Irena Jaksa-Zupancic, irenaz -at- brdavs -dot- hermes -dot- si -dot-

If you have any questions about this new chapter, please contact me,
carol -at- hermes -dot- si -dot-

Thank you.

Carol Chubiz from Ljubljana, Slovenia

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=