Re: Best conference if you get only one?

Subject: Re: Best conference if you get only one?
From: Carol Anne Wall <mmpc0014 -at- PCLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 16:00:13 -0600

Lani wrote:

>If can go to only one a year, and you're doing mainly online help, which
conference do you recommend?

I've been to Help University (site moves from year to year) and WinWriters
(Seattle). I think WinWriters wins because of the number of presentations
available -- there's a university track, basic Winhelp, advance Winhelp,
HTML, theory, project management, and product specific (RoboHelp) sessions.
I was totally blown away when I went to WinWriters last year for the first
time -- and I came back a much smarter Tech Writer and Winhelp Developer.
There's something there for everyone.

The WinWriters conference is in February, but I don't know if they still
have openings or not. Their website is www.winwriters.com

Help University's conferences are twice a year. If you can't get to
Seattle, check them out. I believe their website is www.helpuniversity.com

Looking forward to this year's Winwriter's Conference...!

Carol Anne

Carol Anne Wall, FMLI
Technical Writer, Minnesota Mutual Life - Individual Business Technology
St. Paul, MN USA
mmpc0014 -at- pclink -dot- com OR
carolanne -dot- wall -at- minnesotamutual -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=