Re: FrameMaker VS PageMaker VS Quark - Opinions?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker VS PageMaker VS Quark - Opinions?
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:01:35 -0600

> 3. What can PM do that Quark can't? ...What can
> FM do that Quark can't?

I haven't used FM, but I can tell you that you cannot create a table in
Quark XPress version 3.x; at least not without the addition of an
expensive "extension" which works so poorly that our staff abandoned it
and started producing tables in Illustrator. It has no means of
automatically producing a table of contents. XPress is more suited for
short, graphic-intensive publications than long documents.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=