Re: Whither book "Developing Windows Error Messages"

Subject: Re: Whither book "Developing Windows Error Messages"
From: Charlotte Hybschmann Jacobsen <chjac -at- AMROSE -dot- SPO -dot- DK>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:10:02 +0100

I too, like Chuck Martin, am a Cooper-fan ("About Face: The Essentials
of User Interface Design" by Alan Cooper, ISBN 1568843224) and I agree
that error messages should be made unnecessary by making user interfaces
better.

Another one of Cooper's statements are that every action a user take
should be reversible, that is no matter what you do, you can undo it
again. My developers agree but they also tell me that this often takes a
lot of programming effort to effectuate.

Merry christmas,

Charlotte.

Charlotte H. Jacobsen
AMROSE A/S chjac -at- amrose -dot- spo -dot- dk
Forskerparken 10 www.amrose.spo.dk
+5230 Odense M Tel: +45 63 15 71 90
Denmark Fax: +45 63 15 61 71

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=