PDF vs. paper

Subject: PDF vs. paper
From: Kathy Burns <burns -at- SKY -dot- SKY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:52:18 -0500

A different perspective on this issue -- we supply PDF version of our
documents along with HTML versions. The PDF versions are intended to
allow customers to print out their own documentation, not to view the
PDF versions online.

Prior to supplying PDF, we supplied postscript, for the same purpose.

I had assumed that was the primary use of PDF -- to allow users to print
formatted documentation, across platforms -- not to provide online
documentation.

Am I confused? Do others use PDF in the same way, or do people use PDF
for online presentation of information?

Kathy

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=