Re: Imagine you teach

Subject: Re: Imagine you teach
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:17:43 -0600

> If your students are majoring in tech comm and are working on a
> 4-year degree, chances are they are required to take at least one
> programming class.

Um... not my 4-year degree. Since not all tech writers end up
documenting software, it seems a big fat waste of time to require them
all to take a programming class. Unless you're also requiring them all
to take a chemical engineering class, a medical terminology class, an
instructional development class, a forestry class, a government policy
class, a web design class...

Tracy
who took a programming class as an elective and found it interesting and
useful, but still wonders why people think we all document software
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=