Re: Imagine you teach

Subject: Re: Imagine you teach
From: Ben Kovitz <apteryx -at- CHISP -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:43:08 -0700

David Thompson wrote:

>Imagine you teach tech. writing.
>
>You have to teach 1 of the following:
>
>1. The principles of On Line Help or
>2. The principles of programming.
>
>Which would you choose and why?

Let's see, I'm giving a course on tech writing, right? And I'm trying to
choose what to include in this course, right? And it's about tech writing,
right?

Well, I guess I'd teach programming, because it's my general policy to
always teach something completely different than what the course title
suggests. I think we owe it to our students, if the course is about "Music
of the Rococo Age", to include a lot about thermodynamics; if the course is
titled "Audio Engineering", to include a lot about corporation finance; and
so on. Cuz, you know, everything is related and all.

Um, am I just misunderstanding the question?

--
Ben Kovitz <apteryx -at- chisp -dot- net>
Author, _Practical Software Requirements: A Manual of Content & Style_

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=