Printable Web Manuals

Subject: Printable Web Manuals
From: Susan Healey <susan_healey -at- BC -dot- SYMPATICO -dot- CA>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 15:37:53 -0800

I'm just learning about web-manual design and am not, as yet, sure of what
is technically possible...so can someone help me solve the following
dilemma?

My client currently produces 4 separate, but similar, procedure manuals for
4 user groups. The material requires constant individualized updates. This
is both costly and inefficient.

Eighty percent of the manual users now have Internet access and would prefer
web-based manuals (which my client could update much more efficiently).

Twenty percent, however, do not have Internet access. They don't want us to
take away their print product (even though they rarely use it and, when they
do use it, must call my client to find out if the material is still
current!)

So - we need to create a web-based manual from which we can generate a
reasonably usable print product for each of the four user groups. How can
this best be done, if it can be done at all?

Any help gratefully received.

Susan Healey
Technical/Business Writer and Editor
susan_healey -at- bc -dot- sympatico -dot- ca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=