Re: Respect

Subject: Re: Respect
From: Linnea Dodson <tscribe -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 12:42:31 PST

>What's the quickest way to gain respect as a technical writer in a =
>company unused to such strange people?

Show them you understand the pressures they are under, and that you can
make their jobs easier by giving them clear explanations, processes, and
answers.

In my experience, this means writing a lot of little step-by-step how-to
documents, checklists, and cross-references so that managers and SMEs
can do processes while on "auto pilot" and are free to concentrate on
other problems. There's nothing an SME respects more than a short,
clear answer to "what do you need?" and "how do I do that?"

Nea Dodson

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=