Re: window-level help

Subject: Re: window-level help
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:46:39 -0800

>| Right now, the topics always pop up in the main window. How can I get
>| them to pop up in a secondary window??

There's no way to do this in Win 3.x help. For Win 95 (and greater)
help, alter the topic ID (the # footnote) as follows:

#TOPIC_ID > windowname

This forces TOPIC_ID to open in <windowname> whenever it's accessed.
Using the greater than symbol in the cnt file only forces the topic
into the specified window when it's accessed from the cnt window,
not when it's accessed from another topic or from the search/index
windows.

You may need quotes around the window name. It's been a long time
since I've done a help file so I forget.

HTH

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=