Distance Ed Opportunity

Subject: Distance Ed Opportunity
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:37:21 -0700

It seems like each year, right before the academic semester begins, a flurry
of questions about Technical Communications degree programs bombards the
list.

Here is a proactive bit o' info:

Texas Tech University offers an online version of their M.A. Technical
Communication program. This is not a pared down version of their program,
nor is it an archive of web sites. It is a fully interactive, seminar-style
program that takes advantage of Internet technology.

Classes meet weekly on a MOO (akin to Internet Relay Chat). The professor
(yes, a live human professor) lectures and leads discussions. Often, onsite
students participate in the distance student classes.

Threaded discussions (basically, a web-based newsgroup) provide asynchronous
interaction among students and between student and professor.

An e-mail list keeps all participants connected and helps to prevent the
feeling of isolation that distance students sometimes feel.

Assignments are turned in via e-mail, ftp, or web pages.

For more information about this program, visit:

http://english.ttu.edu/tc/dl/

I am not associated with this program, except as a student, nor do I receive
any benefits from having people sign up. I am just a happy student.

Jason
I have no opinions, just temporary mental trends

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=