Re: Comments from the field (rather long)

Subject: Re: Comments from the field (rather long)
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- WRITEANGLES -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:52:16 -0800

> On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Sella Rush wrote:

> > Although I'd never bought one before,
> > I'm finding myself picking up the Dummies or Idiots books. I *know* these
> > aren't going to stump me. Maybe they don't have all the information I'll
> > ever need, maybe they don't present exactly the image I'd like when I'm
> > waiting for my bus. But they will get me started.

I find that the Dummies books give me enough background to ask the right
questions when jumping into a project that uses a technology with which
I am unfamiliar. I don't always need to know everything about a subject,
just enough to get started.

I rarely read the entire thing cover-to-cover. I've bought several of
them, and they've been very helpful when I need to learn something from
the very beginning. I kind of enjoy the humor (I know I'll regret
admitting that!) because it reminds me that I'm *not* a dummy, just
uninformed about a particular thing.

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Write Angles www.writeangles.com

They laughed at Einstein. They laughed at the Wright Brothers.
But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. -Carl Sagan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=