Re: Somewhat off topic: problem accessing internal web site

Subject: Re: Somewhat off topic: problem accessing internal web site
From: Maria Moran <maria -dot- moran -at- AMIS -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:05:05 -0000

On 10 December 1998 23:57, Dina Marroquin [SMTP:DMarroquin -at- FRXSOFT -dot- COM] wrote:
> I can't
> access our web page through Internet Explorer (or Opera which I loaded just
> to see if another browser might work). I can, however, access the page if I
> go through Windows Explorer, locate the network directory, and click on the
> index.htm file. From there, I can navigate just fine.

You need to use the IP address of the network drive in the URL. For example,
http://ipaddress/webpages/index.htm
Alternatively, if your network drive is not set up for TCP/IP, then you can just type the location. For example,
f:\webpages\default.htm

Note: Forward slashes used in first example whereas back slashes used in second.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=