Re: Screen capture (unique?)

Subject: Re: Screen capture (unique?)
From: David Demyan <dbdemyan -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:59:16 -0500

Roger reported that he had used a much more elegant method to
produce installation screens for documentation. I concur that this
method is ideal. I was working on the assumption that Jeanie did
not have the option to have someone build a hybrid or do the
special coding Roger described. I may very well be wrong about
that.

Dave.

>We install an operating system (QNX based) and have the need to capture
>the screens as the installation progresses. In our case, we control the
>source to the installation, and have therefore inserted code into the
>source that permits us to capture live interactive screen shots. More
>specifically, we put the installation into a demo/simulation mode, that
>permits all of the screens to display as thought they were live, thus
>allowing us to capture them to the local drive, without overwriting the
>data because the OS isn't actually installed, the installation is
>simulated.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=