Re: Screen capture (unique?)

Subject: Re: Screen capture (unique?)
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 11:08:57 -0800

While I didn't weigh in on this topic earlier, it is now time. David's
answer entrigued me so I have reached for the digital camera and will
try it in a few minutes.

With respecto to Jeanie's original question, I would like to comment
that we have a similar situation. We had to create a custom solution.

We install an operating system (QNX based) and have the need to capture
the screens as the installation progresses. In our case, we control the
source to the installation, and have therefore inserted code into the
source that permits us to capture live interactive screen shots. More
specifically, we put the installation into a demo/simulation mode, that
permits all of the screens to display as thought they were live, thus
allowing us to capture them to the local drive, without overwriting the
data because the OS isn't actually installed, the installation is
simulated.

The fact that we now longer have to manually create the screens shots
has been a real timesaver.

Jeanie, does your situation lend itself to such a potential solution?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=