Re: Highly Deletable Subjects

Subject: Re: Highly Deletable Subjects
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:19:24 -0500

Greetings!

> of subjects which reoccur like El Nino, I'm sure I'm not the only one who
> deletes a large number unread.

Out of the 50 posts or so a day I get on this fine listserv thingee
(buttering up Eric... Nice Eric, Good Eric), I must delete about 60% of the
threads I'm not interested in. However, the %40 or so that I do read are
certainly worth the price of admission.

The topics I tend to ignore include:
- Certification, degrees, and anything that I probably would only get a "B"
on
- Grammatical queries
- Framemaker vs. Word
- breaking into technical writing
- <insert name here> is a fathead

Among the subjects I'm likely to read are:
- Problems/Solutions with Word
- anything truly new
- tools I haven't heard of or don't know well
- references to interesting URL's
- any job ad
- Anything about Contracting/Finding new work
- Daily life as a technical writer
- Any sarcastic rebuttle from A. Plato <g>

Of course, I'm allowed to break any of these rules I've just stated
depending how bored/behind/ahead of schedule/in hot water I am.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey (jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
DNRC Title: "Technical Writing Poohbah"

Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp. (Montreal, Quebec)

They say the pen is mighter than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
--
Do not confuse my opinons with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=