Re[2]: Learning C Programming

Subject: Re[2]: Learning C Programming
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:34:07 -0600

You're confusing C with C++. C is a small step up from assembly
language.

C began life as FORTRAN. When the users of the new operating system
written to run on the DEC PDP series computers (Now, what was that name?
You-something-or-other, wasn't it?) needed a FORTRAN compiler for their
work, it was quickly discovered that a "real" FORTRAN wouldn't fit in the
tiny memory space allowed by that computer's architecture (32K words). So
a "tiny" FORTRAN was created, and the proud parents called it "C."

(The preceding trivia was brought to you in an attempt to lighten up your
heretofore drab, wretched lives. We now return you to the all-important
task of checking each other's credentials for fleas.)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=