Re: Passive-O-Matic Grammar Checker

Subject: Re: Passive-O-Matic Grammar Checker
From: Heather Ross <Heather -dot- Louise -dot- Ross -at- THEMUTUALGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:25:58 -0500

The impression I got from her original post was that she *does* know how to
edit. However, it's always nice to have things flagged. We all make typos
or have days when we're just not thinking totally clearly and type in a
passive sentence! While we certainly can't rely on Word's grammar tools to
catch every mistake we make in spelling or grammar, it reminds us to check.
It's especially nice for those of us who have no one else to edit our own
work. I _can_ proofread and I enjoy doing it, but I always have my grammar
and spell checkers turned on as a first line of defense.

Heather

Don't take this the wrong way, but why rely upon tools to do this? I think
you would be better off forgetting the automated tools and learning to do
this yourself. Nothing can be better than learning the basics, first. What
happens if you are given a document to proofread? If you know the rules and
how to properly apply them, you wound have less problems and you could edit
the document with less effort.

Bob

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=