Robohelp Clinic in San Diego

Subject: Robohelp Clinic in San Diego
From: Steven Evanina <sevanina -at- HITEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 09:05:41 -0500

> Yes, I know it's horribly expensive but I'm not paying for it. And oh
> my, I feel so grown up! I've never been *sent* to a class before! I
> guess there's some advantage to taking a salaried job for a
> change--aside from not having to look for work every 3 months!

Sorry, but this is the best rate I ever got! Also, the company absolutely has the best working conditions (there is no dress code - sandals, shorts and tank tops if you want). And to top it off, I have been to several, multi-day classes that the company paid for (OTS training and BLSR SONET with WDM training). The other contractors (we only have one part-time direct and 8 contractors) have been here going on 4 years. No one wants to go direct. The boss quit, and no one
wanted his job.

FWIW - I contracted at my last company for ~ 8 years. I also was an employee for about three years. My division never trained the directs :o . The other divisions paid for contractor training, not to mention sending them to conferences.

So, how do most companies treat their contractors?
If mixed with directs, are contractors treated any differently?

sevanina -at- hitel -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=