Re: Alternative to Front Page?

Subject: Re: Alternative to Front Page?
From: Linda Sherman <linsherm -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 15:04:56 -0500

Barry Campbell wrote:

> On Windows, the best-of-breed code-based editor is Allaire HomeSite

Without wishing to get into the discussion of which code editor it best,
I have to disagree with your recommendation of HomeSite.

I don't want to tie up this list with a lengthy review. The main
problem: it's slooooow. It's like typing on an old daisy-wheel
typewriter--type a few keystrokes and wait for the machine to catch up.
And I have a P166, so please don't tell me I need a faster CPU to run a
crummy little text editor.

I don't have anything else to recommend. I've tried most of the
code-based editors for Windows and I've got something extremely unkind
to say about all of them. I'm so sick of trying to find a decent Windows
editor that I'm giving serious thought to buying a cheapo Mac just so I
can use BBEdit to code web pages. Between the crummy editors and
Windows' other assorted atrocities, I've just about had enough.

Lin
--
Linda K. Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>
Freelance Writer: Technical - Business - Government

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=