Re: Degree

Subject: Re: Degree
From: SCN User <alfa33 -at- SCN -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 13:12:19 -0800

Suzette,

Please don't take my response the wrong way, but surely you must be the
exception to the rule in today's job market. Credentialism is everywhere.
For _MOST_ people, an undergraduate degree is an absolute requirement to
make the short list at the HR department. In fact, some sort of graduate
degree is often required to make the cut.

You've certainly done well for yourself, but I feel that it would be
unfair to the fledglings out there if we were to look upon your
particular situation as the norm.

Sincerely,

Bill

>Okay - I admit - the jig is up and I am now found out to be the fraud that I
>am. I have no degrees or certificates. I won't even mention my (non)level of
>education. It's really amazing though, how my lack of formal education has not
>prevented me from pursuing chosen avenues with companies that worship pieces of
>paper.

----[ major portion deleted ]----

W.J. Worthington, III
Technical Writer, Contract