Re: distributing pdf files

Subject: Re: distributing pdf files
From: Greg Anderson <Greg -dot- Anderson -at- CENTRAL -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:56:35 -0700

Hello Amy;

Have you considered posting the PDFs to a Web Site?

In this way, anyone with a browser could obtain the latest versions.

We obtain many Third Party Software Application Manuals in this manner.

Amy Nolan <anolan -at- p21 -dot- com> posted:
> I'm looking for advice regarding how to update the pdf files and get current
> information to our new customers. If we burn a CD in January and make
> changes to the manuals in February and March, how does a customer who buys
> in July get the most current pdf files? Should we burn every quarter (which
> gets expensive)? Should we burn once, at the beginning of the release, then
> post pdf files that have changed to our website (which makes the CD outdated
> for a customer who just bought our software)?
>
> I searched the archives for advice on this, but didn't find too much. I'd
> really appreciate it if anyone could reply directly to me (I get the
> digests) and let me know what works for their company.

|| Greg 'Andy' Anderson | Sun Microsystems Broomfield, CO ||
|| Desktop Productivity Tools | Document Conversion Service ||
|| MS:UMBRM14-119 | email: greg -dot- anderson -at- Central -dot- Sun -dot- COM ||

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=