distributing pdf files

Subject: distributing pdf files
From: Amy Nolan <ANolan -at- P21 -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:47:58 -0500

Hello All!

My company is about to release documentation on a CD and pdf files, rather
than ship hard copy manuals. We release a new software version about every
15 months. But, during that 15-month period, we make changes to the
manuals, and new manuals are created, as new features are added to the
current software release.

I'm looking for advice regarding how to update the pdf files and get current
information to our new customers. If we burn a CD in January and make
changes to the manuals in February and March, how does a customer who buys
in July get the most current pdf files? Should we burn every quarter (which
gets expensive)? Should we burn once, at the beginning of the release, then
post pdf files that have changed to our website (which makes the CD outdated
for a customer who just bought our software)?

I searched the archives for advice on this, but didn't find too much. I'd
really appreciate it if anyone could reply directly to me (I get the
digests) and let me know what works for their company.

Thanks!
Amy Nolan
anolan -at- p21 -dot- com
Assistant Director of Educational Services
Prophet 21, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=