too many jobs (not enough people though)

Subject: too many jobs (not enough people though)
From: Ken Cherry <dad -at- NETWALK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:06:12 -0500

ooh, I like denise fritch's comments about this one.

In mid-Ohio we have a surplus of IT jobs and apparently not enough qualified
individuals, and this is starting to impact writers and trainers and liberal
arts majors who never guessed they'd be workiing in corporate America.

I have seen an enormous number of people switch employers in the last five years
(and helped several do so either directly or through simple support). Why:
money and working conditions.

Some people have numerous employers on their resumes because they're not being
paid fairly or the level of BS they have to put up with is overwhelming. When
you've got two people doing the same job and one makes 50% more than the other,
that information will come out sooner or later.

I don't see a lot of employer or employee loyalty in these parts.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=