Re: ANON: job dissatisfaction

Subject: Re: ANON: job dissatisfaction
From: Steve Arrants <stevea -at- CNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:51:52 -0800

> I've posted previously about job dissatisfaction in my current job and
> previous jobs. I'm getting really frustrated with myself and
> with the work
> world in general.

Briefly, I'd suggest two things to do/think about.

First, if you like where you are, but not what you are doing, talk with your
manager about the types of tasks you want to do. Make your concerns clear
(not having the whole picture, and the like). Let them know that you need
to be part of the project, not just a resource. Most managers want
employees more involved (at least that's my experience).

Second, your personality may just be more suited to short-term projects and
commitments--nothing wrong with that, but you'll be much more successful as
a contractor/consultant than a full-time employee. I suspect that knowing
the parameters of a project -- start and end date, deliverables, etc.--at
inception will satisfy some of your yearnings.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=